What is a JayDiva?

JayDiva (noun) a writer of blogs who is an attorney, feminist, New Englander, child advocate, reader, hiker, cancer survivor, Mormon.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

SEPTA Adventures


I have been experimenting with the subways in Philly, known as SEPTA (south-eastern Pennsylvania transit authority) and, with my pockets full of fare tokens, I have had a fun time!

Here’s some photos!
I made lots of friends on the subway, as usual.  My favorite interaction was after I was awkwardly fixing my backpack and reaching my arms around all goofy and this big, tough black guy covered in tattoos behind me came up to me and quietly said,


"I just wanna say that you have nice arms."

"Well that's cuz I lift!" (Me, flexing)

"Dang!  I'm jealous!  Guess I don't wanna mess with you!"


Then we just walked our separate ways and I was laughing my head off.  I'm such a wierdo- seriously, who flexes their biceps for strangers??  Me.  I love my subway friends :)


Rittenhouse Square

No comments:

Post a Comment