What is a JayDiva?

JayDiva (noun) a writer of blogs who is an attorney, feminist, New Englander, child advocate, reader, hiker, cancer survivor, Mormon.



Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Famous Runner

Being famous in Central Pennsylvania is really not being famous at all, but I take what I can get :)

My buddy Sarah got me to run the Harrisburg Mile with her the week before the Bar to get our minds off of intense hard-core cramming.  It was just a fairly straight shot down the road in downtown Harrisburg bordering the Susquehanna River on a weeknight and PLUS it was for a good cause! [Plug for the locals to do it next year!  Hopefully you'll be able to meet the man who runs it annually while on stilts and juggling!! ^]


Both of us had fairly recently ran half marathons and neither of us could remember the last time we ran just one mile for time, so we were excited to give it our all.  And whaddaya know, I got my best time EVER [6:39!] and my photo tweeted by the Patriot News photographer on the scene & posted to their website the next day.
Famous! :D

And it was HUMID as these fan-hoggers indicate ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment