What is a JayDiva?

JayDiva (noun) a writer of blogs who is an attorney, feminist, New Englander, child advocate, reader, hiker, cancer survivor, Mormon.



Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The End is Near! (And the beginning!)


I am SO happy to be able to say that I have less than a week of Proton Therapy left!  Only 4 more sessions!  I couldn’t be more pleased.

To be perfectly truthful, it has been wearisome, lonely, and even miserable on many days.  But I am feeling significantly better than I anticipated I would feel at this point, and I think I am doing much better than the average patient.  I feel alright, I just have extremely low energy and can’t seem to bring myself to do much of anything these past couple weeks. 

My appetite has been persistently odd.  But after I inexplicably lost 3 pounds in a week and the doctors all panicked that my measurements would be thrown off, I got this glorious prescription: “Eat all the ice cream sandwiches you want!”


(These^ have literally been my dinner for like a week straight)
 
Thanks, Doc, say no more.


Today I saw my dentist and of course he begins by asking, “So what’s new since I saw you in March?”

HAHAHAHA

I just laughed.

Where could I even begin?


But we both agreed that at least I got married in that time, and that was a very good thing. 



I am really looking forward to soon be able to feel like I’m married.  My husband and I have not been in the same state for more than a couple days (besides our honeymoon) since we went to see my parents for a week last Christmas!  Yeah, that’s nuts.  I started Proton Therapy in Philadelphia literally the day after we got back from our honeymoon and so I haven’t even moved into our marital home yet!  It’s the strangest thing.  And it is the little things that make it feel the most obvious and odd—we don’t eat out of the same fridge, our cars have license plates from different states, I talk about how the rain woke me up and he’s like, “You had rain?”

And then there’s the little problem that most of my clothes are already in CT except a couple skirts and shirts and a pair of yoga pants- which I have worn 24/7 for the past 3 weeks, once it started getting too chilly for the skirts.  I wore those pants ALL THE TIME such that they were starting to become a bio-hazard of stinkiness.  I couldn’t wash them, because I wouldn’t take them off…  I literally had to go to the store and buy sweatpants so I didn’t freeze to death walking to the hospital after I tearfully threw the yoga pants into the laundry hamper.

Oh, to have my possessions all in one home/city/state/region—what a luxury that will be!


But Connecticut better watch out, because I’m finally packing my bags and preparing to be on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment